Friday, April 2, 2010

Trip 2: Day 0: The Plan

Another year, another trip.  This year Paul and I are mixing it up with a little Southwest Spring Break action through the Texas Hill Country and southern New Mexico and Arizona.  Covering a bit over 3000 miles in 9 days (April 2nd-10th), it should be a slightly less grueling pace than last year.  We'll be detouring down some awesome roads, riding mountains and canyons, hitting up a few museums along the way, and checking out some natural wonders, including that one that eluded us last year: the Grand Canyon.  Here's the overall route:


Oh yeah, if you're reading this you've probably noticed something new on the blog.  That map up there at the top of the page should be tracking our progress in real time while we're on the road (and in cell range).  Enjoy stalking our progress and actually knowing what we're seeing and doing without waiting for my delayed blog posts.  You can thank Google's awesome Nexus One Android phone and InstaMapper's great free tracking service for this feature - hopefully it works out well during the trip.

Wish us luck, follow our progress, and Happy Easter!

5 comments:

  1. You still haven't left the house yet?!?! How am I supposed to track you if you don't go anywhere?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, what Krystal said! I hope you didn't leave that awesome Android phone at the house!! (Debbie)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I see you guys are in Johnson City. I like this tracking thing! I've really learned to appreciate your phone more and more as time goes by.

    E

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like tracking your progress! Makes me feel like I'm along for the trip, and I don't worry so much. Stay safe and enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet! It's the phone I want for our trip this summer. Glad you're traveling/posting again, woooo!

    ReplyDelete